Well Summer is gone and the weather is getting cooler which can only mean one thing. The Autumn/Winter months are upon us. As always I know people who read fashion blog readers, fashionistas, and trendy people want to look their best during these months, and believe me there is nothing to dread about covering up. With the likes of pea coats and camel color coming into the mix who knows Autumn/Winter 2011 could be your most fashionable and stylish yet.
Over the following article i’ll give your some of my must haves for this season.
1. The Pea Coat – Originally worn by American and European naval sailors this classic look has enjoyed a resurgence in popularity over the last few years with British mod designer Ben Sherman, Burberry and other designers making their own versions of this winter staple. To be on trend this season I suggest picking up one of these.
|Ben Sherman Pea Coat 125 pounds||Self Double Breasted Pea Coat 160 pounds|
2. Leather Lace Up Desert Boots – For cold weather you will want some thick sturdy boots to keep your feet warm. What better than a leather pair of desert boots? Worn by stylish men all over the world this is a must have for your wardrobe.
3. Plaid Shirt – The plaid shirt is the shirt to own this season. Able to be worn down with a pair of stylish jeans, or dressed up for a day in the office. Buying a flannel made one will also keep you extra warm.
4. Winter Hat – The winter hat otherwise known as the beanie is in my opinion one of the most important pieces to own this winter, it helps to keep your head warm and to help you think straight. With designers like Georgio Amarni and Burberry making luxury hats, the question is why not buy one?
5. Winter scarf – The winter scarf is also an important piece, both to keep you stylish and warm. Some of my favorite scarfs are by British designer Burberry. But other designers also have a range of stylish and warm scarfs for you.
6. Chunky Cardigans – A chunky cardigan this season is a must, but not so chunky and ill fitted that it looks like you pulled it out of your grandfathers closet. Being winter most people think that your stuck with wearing black or gray, but don’t be afraid to step out in color.
7. Cashmere Sweater – The cashmere sweater is a luxury item through and through, and very comfortable. One of these sweaters don’t come cheap but if you can get your hands on one it is well worth it.
8. Blazers – The blazer is a year round fashion statement, enough has been said about blazers that I don’t have to say much, the only thing i’ll say is that for winter I would suggest going for one in a darker color or tweed design.
9. Denim Jeans – Denim Jeans is a very versatile piece of clothing, most wear it in a more casual manner with a t-shirt or polo shirt, but you can also wear it dressed up with a dress shirt and blazer for that casual friday setting in the office.
10. Leather Gloves – Leather gloves are ideal for the colder weather, they look good and they keep your hands warm so you can still function without your fingertips going numb. In some areas of the world like my home town of Brisbane, Australia some people may say it’s not cold enough to have them but I would still suggest them.
Thats my top 10 items to help you on your way to be a dapper looking gentleman this season, for any other questions just drop me comment or get in contact with me by using the contact box in the above menu.